Like what we do?
We are a human size agency filled with human type people
All our people are knowledgeable, hardworking, free spirited, adaptable, intelligent and courageous.
That’s what sets them apart.
We are always on the lookout for similar people to join our team. As an independent communications and training agency working primarily for the pharmaceutical and science industries, we provide a rich, diverse range of skills for our clients.
We are passionate about what we do and thrive on new experiences and challenges. If you care passionately about people, love to communicate, enjoy educating others and have a ‘can-do’ attitude to life, we would love to hear from you.
We have a range of roles at different levels available, so let’s talk.
Full-time, Permanent - Letchworth, Herts, UK
Astute, Brave, Clear and want a Voice?
Prescript is a healthcare communications agency. We work for global, regional and local healthcare organisations to engage audiences at every stage of the journey from molecule to patient.
We believe our point of difference is our operating model. Not only do our expert teams create the highest quality and compelling content in market access, medical, brand and corporate communications and learning and development, we also deliver it in novel, relevant ways that are impossible to ignore.
This truly integrated approach allows us to explore client needs from every angle and build engagement that challenge beliefs and changes behaviour in a consistent way. We call this INGENIOUS
Main purpose of the role:
We are looking for a PHP developer at the start of their career. Be it self-taught, fresh from graduating or a recent career change we will provide an environment for you to expand your PHP and web knowledge whilst helping to build and support a range of web-based products. You will get involved in building globally accessible APIs and web systems using official Laravel tools and popular packages. Additionally, you may find yourself learning how to put together SharePoint sites, putting together email templates and constructing marketing websites.
Essential Skills and Experience
• 1-3 years’ PHP development experience (ideally Laravel)
• Experience developing web-based systems, not just websites
• Ability to produce nice-looking, easy to understand, maintainable code
• Knowledge of version control (Git)
• Knowledge of command line tools (front and back-end)
• Knowledge of AWS hosting
• Desire to delve into the Laravel ecosystem
• Previous experience using any of the Laravel tools such as Forge, Vapor, Nova etc
• Exposure to a range of front-end tools (for example: Tailwind CSS, VueJS, AlpineJS, Livewire)
• Experience using SharePoint, Veeva and BeeFree email editor
• Previous experience working with healthcare clients
• Lifetime Laracasts subscription on completion of probation
• Healthcare Cash Plan
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Prescript Bank holidays & Christmas shutdown!
• Social Events
• Company Incentive Bonus
• New business bonus
If this sounds like you and you feel you have what it takes to succeed in this role, we want to hear from you!
To apply or find out more please email: Nichola.Traish@prescriptcommunications.com
Principal Medical Writer
Who are Prescript?
Prescript is a growing and dynamic healthcare communications agency. We are seeking a Principal Medical Writer who can be based remotely, but ideally be able to come into our office in Letchworth Garden City periodically.
Working with a team of around 20 writers, and within a broader organisation containing several functions, we look to make a difference for our global, European and UK clients by supporting them at every stage, from molecule to patient. Our truly integrated approach allows us to explore client needs from every angle and build engagement that challenges beliefs and changes behaviour in a consistent way. We call this INGENIOUS
We are now looking for a Principal Medical Writer to support us in our ingenious journey. Ideally, this individual would have oncology writing experience and line management skills.
Main purpose of the role
• Act as a lead writer on projects and produce clear, accurate copy aligned to the needs of different audiences and types of deliverables
• Apply relevant guidelines to ensure compliance (i.e. ABPI Code of Practice, copyright, internal SOPs)
• Have a key role in supporting junior and other writers on projects; drawing on own experience to inform the direction of research, generation of outline and copy, and project direction following client review
• Review the work of other writers, providing feedback and giving relevant advice
• Take an active role in educating editorial staff and others in the organisation on relevant topics
• Work collaboratively and cohesively with other departments in giving/taking project briefings, feeding back on project status and timings, helping to meet budgetary expectations and supporting internal Prescript projects
• As required, help to support new business development, including proposal development and pitch presentations
• Line manage staff, including holding one to ones, objective setting and performance reviews, ad-hoc support and development of job descriptions
• Support graduates participating in the graduate scheme, including their onboarding, training and day-to-day work
• Input into company SOPs and their roll-out
• Participate in company activities including bi-monthly meetings, employee voice forums etc.
Essential skills, experience and aptitudes
• Proficient in writing scientifically robust copy, aligned to the client brief and budgetary expectations, ideally with oncology writing experience
• Good communicator, both internally and client-facing
• Strong line management experience, including experience of day-to-day support of reports, objective setting and personal development
• Efficient and ingenious thinking, with a professional and calm approach to directing project activities and providing solutions
• Works to company SOPs to ensure the final deliverable has been through all the necessary steps for accuracy and creativity
• Able to work with the Editorial Team and the wider organisation on both internal and external projects
• Positive and enthusiastic manner with a real interest in developing own and others’ skills, and wants to deliver quality projects for clients
• Wants to learn about parts of the business in which they may not already have experience and apply that learning to their own work
• Proficient at reviewing client materials and providing suggestions for new content, understanding the product strategy and giving support to clients in their scientific direction
• Competent at reviewing copy created by other writers and providing constructive feedback
• Proficient at managing and monitoring own workload and that of other writers assigned to projects. Successfully meets deadlines, even under pressure.
• Effectively addresses potential issues with budget/project progression in collaboration with Client Services, and resourcing issues with the Editorial Lead. Proactively plans time usage and flags up in advance any potential difficulties, alongside suggestions for solutions
• Guides Client Services with proposals, budgets as appropriate, and guides accurate estimation of writing time. Highlights new/repeat business opportunities to Client Services
• Able to effectively communicate at senior level with Client Services to iron out wider problems and make suggestions for overall business improvement
• Knowledge of relevant guidelines i.e., ABPI Code of Practice, copyright
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, Teams, Adobe Acrobat – with ideally some knowledge of client approval systems such as Veeva
• Upholds and respects Prescript values and behaviours
What benefits do we offer?
• Competitive salary
• Flexible hours and home-working options
• Welcoming and supportive colleagues
• Company incentive bonus
• Healthcare plan
• Social events and celebrations
• 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays (plus extra paid time off at Christmas) - we may even throw in one or two Prescript bank holidays as well!
These benefits are continually being reviewed and aligned with both employee and Prescript expectations.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join the Prescript team, please email Kirsty via Kirsty.Catherell@prescriptcommunications.com